Friday, August 21, 2009

PROMISES

I will be using D.L. Moody book "Your Victory in Jesus". Mr. Moody shows a lot of insight that I have not even come close. I just cannot explain. He did a lot with his experience, the Holy Spirit really moved in his life. And reading his book, he talks about types of promises we have. Promises was for individual & to nations. Israel was one of the nations that God gave promises to. Other nations that stand with Israel would be under Gods protection also. The Israel enemy was beaten. And there were curses on them. Some promises has conditions to them. Such as the one helping Israel had. Others does not have conditions. Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquities in my heart; the Lord will not hear me. Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun & shield; the Lord will give grace & glory; no good thing will be withheld from them that walk upright As Psalm 84:11 says you have to walk upright, not before men but walking upright before God. That is a big difference. We may not have the promises that Abraham had or even David. God gives us all different promises. The promises is what will bring glory to God. We get a lot of wonderful promises & He keeps them. If your heart is harden, & since your heart is out of wak. Take it to the maker and have it set correctly. Living with a harden heart isn't the best thing for you. Stand on the promises to get the heart un-harden. Matthew 11:28-30 28) Come unto me all you that labor, & are heavy laden, & I will give you rest. 29) Take my yoke upon you, & learn of me, for I am meek & lowly in heart; & you shall find rest unto your souls. 30) For my yoke is easy, & my burden is light. 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him for he careth for you. If people & churches would realize that casting ALL your care upon Jesus Christ/God it would make your life a lot easier and you can rest in the Lord!! Why do we always make it harder on ourselves? We would be victorious if we get out of our way and follow him. Isaiah 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, & carried out sorrows; yet we did esteemed him stricken, smitten of God, & afflicted. God wants to carry our burdens, griefs, sorrow, addictions, take away our sin, to repair a harden heart, our sickness. For us not to carry those things which is our yoke. People will drop there yoke, when they come to church but, pick it back up going out the door. We should drop & keep going to never look back at those. Cast ALL your cares upon Jesus & leave them with Him!! Don't be like they were in John 5:40 And you will not come to me, that you might have life John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me, shall come to me; & him that cometh to me, I will in no wise cast out. So, go to Jesus Christ He promises that He will take ALL your cares!! Since we have such a promise as this; cling to it & never give up that promise. Follow the will of God. Entered into the Joy of the Lord. Take God's way & get REST!! In Christ Name; Amen & Amen Love Rev. Londa Picard

No comments: