Tuesday, August 25, 2009

HUMILITY

What is humility? What does it mean? As Christians are we to be humble? What is humility? Humbleness/being humble. What is Humble? Modest/not proud, to admit you were wrong, less proud/less important. Did Jesus Christ have humility? Yes, He was. So, if Jesus Christ was humble, shouldn't we be? The answer to that is YES! Acts 20:19 (Old King James Edition 1611) (OKJ 1611) Serving the Lord will all humility of mind, & with many trails & temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews: Acts 20:19 (New King James Version)(NKJ) "serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears & trails which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews: Colossians 2:18 (OKJ 1611) Let no man beguile (or judge) you of your reward, in a voluntary humility & worshiping of Angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly pufF up by his fleshly mind: Colossions 2:18 (NKJ) Let no one defraud you of your reward, taking delight in false humility & worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind. NOTE: The Old King James edition 1611 is closes to the original writing of the Bible. So, please compare with your own Bible to see the differences. I want the closes I can to what God told man to write. Titus 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to he no brawlers, but gentle, showing all meekness unto all men. 1 Peter 5:5 be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility; for God resisteth the proud, & gives grace to the humble. Humility is the hardest lesson to learn. The only place humility is taught is in the Bible. As a gift it is the rarest gift. God always blesses the humble. Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, & learn of me, for I am meek & lowly in heart & you shall find rest unto your souls. If we want to make an appeal to God, we must be humble when we go to Him. Not proud or you owe me God. You cannot bargain with God! Would you go to the President and be so bold. No, you would not. So, why would we go to God, like that. He tells us to be humble, He tells us also to know what you need, what verse of His Word to use. I know what I'm trying to say is to pray as Jesus did. Jesus was very humble; He knew the Word & used it. That is the guide line for us also. The great people of the Old & New Testament were humble. Abraham, Joseph, Ruth, Esther, David, John the Baptist, Mary, Paul, & a lot more. Today people have just one thing in mind. What's in it for me. Look what I have done for the Lord. Even the leaders of churches doesn't want you to know the Word. If it wasn't for translators of the Bible, we would not have a bible. That is one of the reasons God tells us to be humble. From D.L. Moody book Your Victory in Jesus: " I once heard a little bird singing faintly close by me. At last, it got clear out of sight, & then its notes were still sweeter. The higher it flew, the sweeter its notes sounded. If we can only get self out of sight & learn from Him who was meek & lowly in heart we will be lifted up into heavenly places." Now, John the Baptist never talked himself up. Now John was the son of an old priest, John had higher position because of his dad. John the Baptist preached to great crowds. Even Herod. John the Baptist was preaching that Mark 1:7 And preached, saying, There commeth one mightier then I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I an not worthy to stoup down, & un-loose. Now Jesus Christ was looked upon as a deceiver, & a village carpenter. They were cousins. So Jesus was starting to preach. John the Baptist baptized Jesus. John 3:27-30 27) John answered, & said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven 28) Ye your selves bear me witlessness that I said, I an not the Christ, but that I an sent before him. 29) He that hath the bride, is the bridegrome: but the friend of the bridegrome, which standeth & heareth him, rejoyceth greatly because of the bridegroomes voice: This my joy therefore is fulfilled. 30) He must increase, but I must decrease. How many people could really do that to decrease to grow smaller & smaller. So that Christ may increase. Today people would say my cous is taking over my preaching, It would become a family feud. This has gotten me, thinking. I know it would be very hard to do. I want to be less of me and more of Jesus. That is easy to say, Going to school, working, & trying to get a title. I worked in hotels I always wanted to become a General Manager, It never happen. I kept going. Now I'm glad I didn't become a GM. I'm writing sermons & places them on the blog. I feel good & even better about myself because, I've tried to be less of me & more of Jesus. I have to get real with God. God doesn't want us to put ourselves down. Going around saying poor me, look how humble I can be. That isn't being humble. That is just being stupid to the Lord & everybody around you. Now it's ok to look stupid to the people around you but, not to God. I stick my foot in my several times. Let's just get real with God. That is all He is asking anyway. HE MUST INCREASE, BUT I MUST DECREASE! AMEN (so be it) Rev. Londa Picard

No comments: