Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20, 2009 Ms. Londa Picard KS Dear Ms. Picard: Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor for Associate Justice on the Supreme Court of the United States. I appreciate knowing of your views on this matter. Recently, the Senate confirmed the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor by a vote of 68 to 31. I opposed the nomination of Judge Sotomayor. As a U.S. Senator, I have an obligation to ensure that our courts are filled with qualified, impartial judges. While Judge Sotomayor has an impressive resume, I am concerned that her personal judgments and views will impact her judicial decisions. The role of a judge is not to rule based on his or her own personal judgments but to adhere to the laws as they are written. patsig.gif Again thank you for taking the time to contact me. If you would like more information on issues before the Senate, please visit my website at http://roberts.senate.gov. You may also sign up on my home page for a monthly electronic newsletter that will provide additional updates on my work for Kansas. With every best wish, Sincerely, Pat Roberts PR:mk I agree with Senator Pat Roberts. I wish this country had more people in our nations capital who would stand up for what is right!! As you see there are not very many! Thank you Senator Roberts! Rev. Londa Picard

No comments: