Thursday, September 24, 2009

INTERNAL ENEMY

INTERNAL ENEMY

A enemy inside the fort i more dangerous than an enemy that is on the outside.

Romans 7:14 - 23 (If you get a chance read the whole chapter)
14) For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin
15) For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16) If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17) But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18) For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19) For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20) Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21) I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22) For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23) But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24) O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25) I thank God -- through Jesus Christ our LORD! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Galatians 5:16 - 18
16) I say then; Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17) For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; & these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18) But if you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law.

When we are born of God, we have this nature. But, we still have ways of our old nature. So, we have two natures; the old & the new. The new is God's nature (Spirit) in us. And yes, the old nature is the enemy internal!!

1 Corinthians 9:27
But, I discipline my body & bring it into subjection lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified

Paul also had to fight to keep his old nature (old or first Adam) crucified. If he did not crucified the old nature; it would gain advantage & he would be right back in bondage. And we have to do the same thing. Do not let satan & others think you do not have the Adam's old nature. You subdue it but you always have to very watchful, stay in the Word, & stay in prayer! Other wise you will be back into SIN.
The word I is the center of S - I - N. So your enemy internal is yourself. The most problems I have is with me, myself, & I or Londa Picard. I have to keep myself right before God, not right before myself or before man; but before GOD! How many of you have problems with yourself. There is not a one who doesn't. Other wise you you are fooling yourself.
Another thing if you have problems with other people all the time you need to look inside of yourself. Are you doing something wrong? You can only change yourself but you can not change others.
Things of the old Adam Nature is tempers, appetite (food, drugs, & drink), covetousness, jealous or envious, lust, pride, & many more. These are all internal enemies, that we have.
Temper as a example:
You can use temper for good (Jesus with the money tables) but, losing your temper in other way will actually rob you of your power & yes, it will make you weak.
You need to get it under control. So, you need to treat it as a SIN & then confess that. If you gotten angry with any body, go to them & ask for forgiveness! If you keep doing it, keep asking for forgiveness. It may take once or a few times but, keep doing it. You will get out of the habit as it will make the old Adam nature (flesh) burn.

We all need the overcoming life, to have VICTORY.

Do not cover your sin up, confess it to God & get rid of it. You will have have power & become like Paul a conquer a overcomer. You do have to get & be right with God!! You that & become sound in your faith.

Titus 2:2 - 3
2) that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;
3) the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good - thngs --

We maintain sound doctrine & works.

Titus 3:7 - 8
7) that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8) This is a faithful saying, & these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good & profitable to men.

People will believe you & you will not be known as a hypocrites. Do this to every one of your internal enemies.

1 Corinthians 6:9 - 10
9) Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived, Neither fornicators, not idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10) nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioner will inherit the kingdom of God.

That means drugs also.
The power of our risen Christ will be in us to do it. Jesus Christ came to destroy the works of satan! Jesus Christ in the second Adam. So bring yourself to do it whether you want to or not. So we will have confidence in our Christianity & power. PRAISE GOD!!!!!

Proverbs 16:6
In mercy & truth Atonement is provided for iniquity; And by the fear of the LORD one departs from evil.

Matthew 5:3 (read 3 - 12 also)
Blessed are the poor n spirit, For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Then we see the other side
Ephesians 5:5
For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ & God.

Putting on the new man
Colossians 3:12 (read 13 - 21 also)
Therefore, as the elect of God, holy & beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness humility, meekness, long-suffering;

Exhortation to Godliness with contentment

1 Timothy 6:9 (read 3 - 16 also)
But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation & snare, & into may foolish & harmful lusts which drown men in destruction & perdition.

Humble Yourselves
1 Peter 5:5 (read 6 - 9 also)
Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to the elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another & be clothed with humility, for
"God resist the proud, But gives grace to the humble."

Love of the World
1 John 2: 15 - 17
15) Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16) For all that is in the world -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, & the pride of life -- is not of the Father but is of the world.
17) And the world is passing away, & the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

AMEN & AMEN
Rev. Londa

No comments: