Tuesday, September 8, 2009

BEING A CHRISTIAN

BEING A CHRISTIAN I am still studying the New Covenant. There is a lot of information on it. Today, people really does not understand how powerful a Covenant is! Our lives was paid for, out of the shedding of God's son blood. Jesus Christ paid a large price for us, it was His Life, His Blood.We did not ask Him to do it, but God loved us so much to save us from sin & be able to have fellowship with Him. He wanted our fellowship. Because He knew we would have a much better life to life. He was willing to take a chance on us, because He loved us so so much. And the shedding of Jesus Blood paid it all. It was done once & for all. There is not another way!! John 14:6 Jesus said to Him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. Exodus 19:5 'Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice & keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. Deuteronomy 30: 6-8 6) "And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart & the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart & with all your soul, that you may live. 7) "Also the Lord your God will put all these cures on your enemies & on those who hate you, who persecuted you 8) " And you will again obey the voice of the Lord & do all His commandments which I command you today. God also sent the Holy Spirit to help us, to keep & help us that allows a way to follow the covenant. It's not in our power, but His power. To walk the path of holiness. The new covenant inspires the love of God & gives us His to walk the path of rightness. As Christian of today we are not taught His ways. How to study the Word, how to love one another, to treat each others correctly. And that the world may see the love & joy we have. So, the world would want to have what we got! To teach us how to truly treat people right. The outside world see most Christians rude, cheap, Hypocritical, & hateful. Nothing that God wants us to be. Most Christians do not tip in restaurants, but sure will leave a big mess with a pamphlet about God. That is wrong! You are showing them that what you have they sure do not want. There are a lot of pastors also. And the messes in the hotel rooms. I have worked in the hospitality business for years. When Christian groups would come in, most of the staff would shake their heads & they really hated to work at those times. Some of the staff just wanted to wash their hands of the whole deal. And wanted to tell them to wake up you cannot act this away. Now tell me where the love is of God in this behavior. There was not any joy, happiness, or hope in their life. Also, they wanted things for nothing. Even pastors have done this. If I acted this away I would be so ashamed of my self. If I cannot leave a good tip, I do not go, If I cannot pay for myself I do not go & I would tell the truth that it is not in my budget. God did not give us the Holy Spirit to be of the world & surely not act as the world does. I try not to do things that will be an shame to my God. Our action in the world should show others what it is to walk in Gods Spirit. We should stand for rightness & Gods way. As I have said, "HATE THE SIN BUT, LOVE THE PERSON! Instead of the other way around. REMEMBER, what God has done for us! His Love, His Son, His Spirit, His Blood covering our sins. God has sent us a helper, a comforter which Webster's first meaning was Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit of God is a part of our God. He should be the only God who lives in our heart. We are not perfect & we will make mistakes but, with the New Covenant we are under GRACE! We need to be obedient to His Word. The old Covenant taught us to be obedient to Gods laws which He has written in our hearts. Not on but IN our hearts. To have FAITH that is one with Gods laws.

No comments: