Friday, July 31, 2009

The Pink Dress

The Pink Dress > Don't let your day go on without reading this first, no > matter How busy you may be!!! > > The Pink Dress > > There was this little girl sitting by herself in the > park. > > Everyone passed by her and never stopped to see why she > looked so sad. > > Dressed in a worn pink dress, barefoot and dirty, the girl > just sat And watched the people go by. > > She never tried to speak. > > She never said a word. > > Many people passed by her, but no one would > stop. > > The next day I decided to go back to the park in curiosity > to see If the little girl would still be there. > > Yes, she was there, right in the very spot where she was > Yesterday, and still with the same sad look in her > eyes > > Today I was to make my own move and walk over to the little > girl. > > For as we all know, a park full of strange people is not a > place for young children to play alone. > > As I got closer I could see the back of the little > girl's dress. > > It was grotesquely shaped. > > I figured that was the reason people just passed by and > made no Effort to speak to her. > > Deformities are a low blow to our society and, heaven > forbid if you make a step toward assisting someone who is > different. > > As I got closer, the little girl lowered her eyes slightly > to Avoid my intent stare. > > As I approached her, I could see the shape of her back more > clearly. > > She was grotesquely shaped in a humped over > form. > > I smiled to let her know it was OK; I was there to help, to > talk. > > I sat down beside her and opened with a simple, > 'Hello' > > The little girl acted shocked, and stammered a 'hi > '; after a long stare into my eyes. > > I smiled and she shyly smiled back. > > We talked until darkness fell and the park was completely > empty. > > I asked the girl why she was so sad. > > The little girl looked at me with a sad face said, > 'Because, I'm Different.' > > I immediately said, 'That you are!'; and > smiled. > > The little girl acted even sadder and said, 'I > know.' > > 'Little girl,' I said, 'you remind me of an > angel, sweet and innocent.' > > She looked at me and smiled, then slowly she got to her > feet and Said, 'Really?' > > 'Yes, you're like a little Guardian Angel sent to > watch over all the people walking by.' > > She nodded her head yes, and smiled. > > With that she opened the back of her pink dress and allowed > her Wings to spread, then she said 'I > am.' > > 'I'm your Guardian Angel,' with a twinkle in > her eye. > > I was speechless -- sure I was seeing things. > > She said, 'For once you thought of someone other > than yourself. > > My job here is done'.. > > I got to my feet and said, 'Wait, why did no one stop > to help an Angel?' > > She looked at me, smiled, and said, 'You're the > only one that could see me,' and then she was > gone. > > And with that, my life was changed > dramatically. > > So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your > angel is Always watching over you > > Pass this to everyone that means anything at all to > you. > > Like the story says, we all need someone... > > And, every one of your friends is an Angel in their own > way. > > The value of a friend is measured in the heart. > > I hope your Guardian Angel watches over you > always. Thank You Helen for sending me these two items I just posted. > >

No comments: