Saturday, July 4, 2009

> > Can I Borrow $25?> >

> > > > A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year > > old son waiting for him at the door... > > > > SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?' > > > > DAD: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man. > > > > SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?' > > > > DAD: ' That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the > > man said angrily. > > > > SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an > > hour?' > > > > DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.' > > > > SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down. > > > > SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?' > > > > The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you > > can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then > > you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why > > you are being so selfish. I don't work hard everyday for such childish > > frivolities.' > > > > The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. > > > > The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's > > questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? > > > > After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down , and started to > > think: > > > > Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $ 25.00 and > > he really didn't ask for money very often The man went to the door of > > the little boy's room and opened the door. > > > > 'Are you asleep, son?' He asked. > > > > 'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy. > > > > 'I've been thinking, maybe I > > was too hard on you earlier' said the man. > > 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the > > $25 you asked for.' > > > > The little boy sat straight up, smiling.. 'Oh, thank you daddy!' he > > yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up > > bills.. > > > > The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. > > > > The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his > > father. > > > > 'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father > > grumbled. > > > > 'Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied. > > > > 'Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come > > home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.' > > > > The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he > > begged for his forgiveness. > > > > It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We > > should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some > > time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts. Do > > remember to share that $50 worth of your time with someone you love. > > > > If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily > > replace us in a matter of hours. But the family & friends we leave > > behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. I know we get to busy today for our children. For others. We do need to slow down & enjoy life. God did not put work before family. God put family before work. People wonder why things are getting as bad as they are. Moms & Dads are not around to give their children a Christian value on God, on life, on family. Most parents give their children everything because the parent feel guilty. Love your children & be around them more, if you don't owe to the world, owe it to God & your children!! I don't know who wrote this. Thank you Irma for sending it to share.

No comments: