Thursday, August 26, 2010

FROM STAND FOR ISRAEL

A Groundswell of Support for Israel




August 26, 2010



Shalom,

Traveling around America and seeing the strong grassroots movement of Christians who stand for Israel has truly been inspiring. In every state I visited, Americans voiced their concerns over the growing anti-Israel sentiment that is sweeping the world, and boldly confirmed their full dedication to Israel and the Jewish people. Although it often feels like the Jewish state stands alone, I can attest that we have millions of devoted Christian friends who stand with us, always.

In three short weeks, I made 12 speeches in eight different U.S. cities. At each event there was a diverse crowd of people bound together by their love for Israel. As I looked out at the crowds, I saw people of every skin color and ethnicity praying together for the safety of the Jews around the world. Although these people had little in common on the outside, they remained at the event for hours after it ended, passionately dreaming up ways to work together in their communities and churches to strengthen Israel. Each one of those blessed supporters of Israel has made it their business to be an outspoken Christian ambassador for the Holy Land.

I cannot recall such a strong voice for Israel existing when I was growing up in America — if only because, then, most people were confident that the U.S. government would support the Jewish state, so they felt no need to rally on her behalf. Today it is different. Many of the Americans I met no longer feel they can rely on their government to stand for Israel, so they are speaking out. All over America, Christian communities are raising a strong voice for Israel and, collectively, they are truly making an impact.

Although it was difficult to leave Jerusalem, I know that my time in America has been well spent. As I have informed the public about the challenges that Israel is facing and the ways the Christian community, through its support of The Fellowship, is alleviating poverty in the Holy Land and the former Soviet Union, I have learned a lot as well. After meeting Christian supporters of Israel and hearing their amazing stories of sacrificial giving, I know Israel will never again stand alone. And, after hearing the unbelievable testimony of thousands of people who have been blessed with health and finances after blessing the Jewish people, I am reminded of the promise that God made thousands of years ago that still holds true to this day: "I will bless those who bless you."



With blessings to all of you,



Yael

No comments: