Tuesday, March 2, 2010

GOD'S 26 GUARDS

God's 26 Guards - gives you chills!!!
>
> Here's a message that will bring you chills.
> Have you ever felt the urge to pray for someone and then just put it on a
> list and said, 'I'll pray for them later'? Or has anyone ever called you
> and said, 'I need you to pray for me, I have this need?'
>
> Read the following story that was sent to me and may it change the way
> that you may think about prayer and also the way you pray..You will be
> blessed by this.....
>
> A missionary on furlough told this true story while visiting his home
> church in Michigan.
>
> 'While serving at a small field hospital in Africa, every two weeks I
> traveled by bicycle through the jungle to a nearby city for supplies this
> was a journey of two days and required camping overnight at the halfway
> point.
>
> On one of these journeys, I arrived in the city where I planned to collect
> money from a bank, purchase medicine, and supplies, and then begin my
> two-day journey back to the field hospital.
>
> Upon arrival in the city, I observed two men fighting, one of whom had
> been seriously injured. I treated him for his injuries and at the same
> time talked to him about the Lord.
>
> I then traveled two days, camping overnight, and arrived home without
> incident....
>
> Two weeks later I repeated my journey upon arriving in the city, I was
> approached by the young man I had treated. He told me that he had known I
> carried money and medicines. He said, 'Some friends and I followed you in
> to the jungle, knowing you would camp overnight. We planned to kill you
> and take your money and drugs.. But just as we were about to move into
> your camp, we saw that you were surrounded by 26 armed guards.
>
> At this, I laughed and said that I was certainly all alone in that jungle
> campsite the young man pressed the point, however, and said, 'No, sir, I
> was not the only person to see the guards, my friends also saw them, and
> we all counted them. It was because of those guards that we were afraid
> and left you alone.'
>
> At this point in the sermon, one of the men in the congregation jumped to
> his feet and interrupted the missionary and asked if he could tell him the
> exact day this happened.. The missionary told the congregation the date
> and the man who interrupted told him this story:
>
> 'On the night of your incident in Africa, It was morning here and I was
> preparing to go play golf. I was about to putt when I felt the urge to
> pray for you. In fact, the urging of the Lord was so strong, I called men
> in this church to meet with me here in the sanctuary to pray for you.
>
> Would all of those men who met with me on that day stand up?' The men who
> had met together to pray that day stood up. The missionary wasn't
> concerned with whom they were, he was too busy counting how many men he
> saw.
>
> There were 26.
>
> This story is an incredible example of how the Spirit of the Lord moves in
> behalf of those who love Him. If you ever feel such prodding to pray, go
> along with it, you don't know what it can mean to that person..
>
> Nothing is ever hurt by prayer except the gates of hell. I encourage you
> to forward this to as many people as you know. If we all take it to heart,
> We can turn this world toward God once again. As the above true story
> clearly illustrates, 'With God all things are possible'.
>
> More importantly, how God hears and answers the prayers of the faithful.
>
> After you read this, please pass it on and give God thanks for the
> beautiful gift of your faith, for the powerful gift of prayer, and for the
> many miracles He works in your own daily life.

No comments: