Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SURRENDER

Surrender

Matthew 11:29 - 30
29) "Take My yoke upon & learn from Me, for I am gentle & lowly in heart, & you will find rest for your souls.
30) "For My yoke is easy & my burden is light."

1 John 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

YOKE: G2218 (Strong's Exhaustive Concordance)
root word zeugnymi - to join especially by a "yoke", a coupling
ie (figuratively) servitude (a law or obligation); also (literally) the beam of the balance (as a connecting the scales) pair of balances yoke.
G2201 - pair together.

Webster's Dictionary - greek zygon to
join or linked
a. wooden box
b. an arched device formerly laid on the neck of a defeated person

Luke 14:19
"And another said, ; I have bought five yoke of oxen, & I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.'

Jesus spoke how just the yoke is the same as Webster Dictionary explains the load of the yoke that is laid on the neck of a defeated person. That Jesus has divided between two people making it easier, which leaves a rest & as Andrew Murray says; "the moment the moment the soul yields itself to obey, the LORD Himself gives the strength & joy to it".
You have to surrender to Him. As the song says from I Surrender All to Him. We need to surrender that all to Him & to trust in Him.

No comments: