Monday, December 15, 2008

Generational Blessings 1

Generational BLESSING 1 My thinking of generational blessing was from my Grandmother Alma Lloyd. She has passed down the belief of God, a covenant God, a loving God, a God who is always there. She was like the women in Proverbs 31, that they will rise up and call her blessed. That is how my Grandmother was! It has been a long time since she went to be with the Lord! She made a wonderful impact on my life and my brothers and sisters lives as well. Then there was my daughter Melissa who was total care. Many people thought she was a curse. What I had done that she was like that. Melissa never was a curse but a blessing. And I thank God everyday that she was in my life!! You touched her and you could feel the REAL power of God in and through her life. So, satan wanted to use her as a curse; God used her for His Glory. Melissa also went to be with the Lord and now she is totally whole!! Now if curses can be passed down to the third & fourth generations, can you image how blessing are then passed down also! I'm the third generation, Melissa was the fourth generation. The blessing was there from my grandmother Alma. Her prayers for her child & grandchildren. Grandma was always praying for us. I never knew of a time she wasn't. I'm trying to pray for my children and grandchildren as much as she did. I should say for my whole family. Brothers, sisters, children, their spouses, and my grandchildren, & their future children & spouses. I have been so blessed. I could name the earthly blessing but, I would rather list the spiritual blessing. I walk in wholeness of Jesus Christ my Big Brother, walking in the Holy Spirit. Having peace & love because of the spiritual blessing. I am not perfect, I fall sometimes and guess who is there to pick me up. JESUS CHRIST. The Holy Spirit is my helper, just as Jesus & God said he would be. Psalm 54:4 Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is with those who uphold my life. That there sustain my soul. Jesus said in John 14:16-18 16) "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another HELPER, that He may abide with you forever, 17) "even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18) "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you John 15:26 "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say; The Lord is my helper; I will not fear, What can man do to me?" So, Jesus has told us He will not leave us orphans (John 14:18); He will give us another Helper He abide with us forever (John 14:16). And as Hebrews 13:6 the Lord is my helper & fear not as man cannot do to harm me. We're walking with the Holy Spirit & there are blessing with Him. I'm not saying that everything are all roses. You will have some hard times but, it hurts a lot less with the HELPER. We also, have other types of generational blessings. Look at Abraham, God promised him to make a great nation. Which means it had to go through different generations. Genesis 12:22) 22) I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. 3) I will bless those who bless you And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed. That was a promise of God to Abraham, and we have been adopted into his house. Abraham had to wait almost twenty-five years for his promise. Most people would give up way before then. Abraham knew that God would keep His promise to him. In Christ Name, Amen & Amen Rev. Londa Picard

No comments: