Tuesday, May 19, 2009

YOKE

Matthew 11:29-30 29) Take my YOKE upon you, & learn of me; for I am meek & lowly in heart; & ya shall find rest unto your souls. 30) For my YOKE is easy, & my burden is light. YOKE: from Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible Greek - G2218 root word of zeugnymi - to join expicially by a "yoke" a coupling. ie (figuratively) servitude ( a law or obligation); also (litterally) the beam of the balance (as a connecting the scales) pair of balances yoke. Luke 14:19 And another said, I have bought five yoke of oxen, & I go to prove them; I pray thee have me excused. YOKE: Greek - G2201 Pair together YOKE from Merriam Webster Greek Zygon to join or linked a - wooden bar for oxen b - an arched devise formerly laid on the neck of a defeated person. Jesus spoke to us about how just the YOKE is Webster dictionary explain the load is divided between the two oxen or people. Which having coupled together making it easier, which gives rest. Andrew Murray said "the moment the soul yields itself to obey, the LORD Himself gives the strength and joy to it." You need to surrender to HIM our LORD. And as the Song I Surrender All; we need to surrender all to Him & to trust in Him. To learn about our LORD & saviour, to never stop learning about God the Father, Jesus the Son, & the Holy Ghost. To grow in them

No comments: