Thursday, May 28, 2009

Air breathing, Blood pumping, and Prayers unceasing This morning I read from Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest. Thisis one of the VERY BEST daily devotionals that I would highly recommend toanyone needing focus for the day. Today’s reading was titled ‘Thinking of Prayer as Jesus Taught’. Let meshare the first two sentences from this devotional .. “OUR THINKING ABOUT PRAYER, whether right or wrong is based on our ownmental conception of it. The right thinking is to think of prayer as thebreath in our lungs, and the blood from our hearts. Our blood flows and ourbreathing continues without ceasing. This is how prayer should be in ourlives.This message spoke volumes to me on the place of prayer in the midst of thebusyness in my life.. I spend so much effort thinking about what I need todo each day and what is not going right without taking time tobreath/pray. Being one with God, being in tune (or in my case toon) to hisspirit is where I need to be.. I do not want to be living in this fallen world hindered by it's pitfallsor my limitations, or hyper focused circumstances. Instead I want mythoughts and actions to be in sync with God’s will. Easier said than done,but this is my prayer today. May God bless and lead each of you in a way that makes a difference with alife that loves God and others as intended. Where happiness and contentmentis NOT dependent on any circumstance, and live full and satisfying liveswhere praying is as natural function as your lungs breathing and heartspumping. BlessingsJeff This was sent to me by my sister, I do not know Jeff.

No comments: