Monday, October 6, 2008

Fear Not - of Isaiah

Fear Not of Isaiah (A) Isaiah 41:10-14 (10) FEAR NOT, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with My Righteous right hand. (11) Behold, all those who were incensed against you. Shall be ashamed and disgraced;They shall be as nothing. And those who strive with you shall perish. (12) You shall seek them and not find them-- Those who contended with you. Those who war against you. Shall be as nothing. As a nonexistent thing. (13) For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand. Saying to you, FEAR NOT, I will help you. (14) FEAR NOT, you worm Jacob, You men of Israel! I will help you says the Lord. And your Redeemer, the Holy one of Israel. (The fear not appears 3 times in this). Five reasons we should not fear: (A) God's presence with us - FEAR NOT I AM with you. God's companionship. (B) God being our God - He gives Himself to us. And we can use His Holy Name. As Christians we can use In the different Names of God and Jesus Christ. (C) The promise of His strength He has given to us. He actual imparted strength on us. (D) Promise of HELP. He adds His strength to us. (E)He holds us up with His Right hand. That is more then just strength, more then just help. God is undertaking the entire responsibility. (B) Isaiah 43:1-7 (1) But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, o Jacob. And He who formed you O Israel. FEAR NOT, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine (2) When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned. (3) For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba on your place. (4) Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, And I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, And people for your life. (5) FEAR NOT, for I am with you' I will bring your descendants from the east, And gather you from the west; (6) I will say to the north, Give them up! And to the south, Do not keep them back. Brings My sons from afar, And My daughter from the ends of the earth-- (7) Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him. Another Four reasons to FEAR NOT (A) I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name. He knows our name. He purchased us with the precious blood, this blood should be enough to guarantee every blessing we need. Romans 8:32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? He will freely give us all things. AFTER CALVARY ALL THINGS! He redeemed us, We are His, and He will take care of us. (B) He promises to go with us through the waters & fires. The consolation of God far outweighs the pressure of our troubles. Psalm 31:7 I will be glad & rejoice in Your mercy, For You have considered my troubles; You have known my soul in adversities. (C) IN ISAIAH 43:3&4 It suggest of infinite pains & troubles that God has had with us. As though giving birth to us to grow and mature in Him. He will never fail us. Nothing can work against His Will. (D)He promises us spiritual fruit. sometimes the seed we have sow may seem to be lost, but we shall all come rejoicing and bring our sheaves with us. (C) Isaiah 44:1-5 (1) Yet hear now, O Jacob My servant, And Israel whom I have chosen. (2) Thus says the Lord who made you, And formed you from the womb, who will help you; FEAR NOT, O Jacob My servant;And you, Jerusalem, whom I have chosen. (3) For I will pour water on him who is thirsty. And floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, And My Blessing on your offspring; (4) They will spring up among the grass Like willows by the water courses. (5) One will say, I am the Lord's; Another will call himself by the name of Jacob; Another will write with his hand, The Lord's, And name himself by the name of Israel. God does comfort His children with spiritual blessing so, the Holy Spirit is the best medicine for our fears. When He comes in, all interests of His good cause are safe and all fears are turned to thanksgiving & rejoicing. What great joy this is for you and me. (D)Isaiah 51:12-13 (12) I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be afraid Of a man who will die. And of the son of man who will be made like grass? (13) And you forget the Lord your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens And laid the foundation of the earth; You have feared continually every day Because of the fury of the oppressor, When he has prepared to destroy. When he has prepared to destroy. And where is the fury of the oppressor? This shows the sin of fear, it's unbelief to fear. And we forget the Lord is our maker. It comes because people are problem conscious instead of power conscious. It's as if you would turn a light bulb on when you become power conscious. Fear of the oppressor is foolishness. People are worried about things that doesn't come to pass. That is a waste of life to worry. (E)Isaiah 54:4-17 (4) DO NOT FEAR, for you will not be ashamed; Nor be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore. (5) For your Maker is your husband, The Lord of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth. (6) For the Lord has called you Like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, Like a youthful wife when you were refused, Says your God. (7) For a mere moment I have forsaken you, But with great mercies I will gather you. (8) With a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment; But with everlasting kindness I will have mercy of you. Says the Lord, your Redeemer. (9) For this is like the waters of Noah to Me; For as I have sworn That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth, So have I sworn That I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you. (10) For the mountains shall depart And the hills be removed, but My Kindness shall not depart form you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed, Says the Lord, who has mercy on you.(11) O you afflicted one, Tossed with tempest, and not comforted, Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems, And lay your foundations with sapphires. (12) I will make your pinnacles of rubies, Your gates of crystal, And all your walls of precious stones. (13) All the children shall be taught by the Lord, And great shall be the peace of your children.(14) In righteousness you shall be established; You shall be far from oppression, for you shall NOT FEAR; And from terror, for it shall not come near you. (15) Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of Me. Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake. (16) Behold, I have created the blacksmith Who blows the coals in the fire, Who brings forth an instrument for his work; And I have created the spoiler to destroy, (17) No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgement You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, And their righteousness is from Me, Says the Lord. Four great reasons are given for FEAR NOT (A) God's personal relation to His own. For your maker is your husband. Now the husband cherishes his wife even at the cost of his own life. The love of a true wife is stronger then death. God loves His children as the same He did Jesus Christ. Look at John 17:23I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. As Isaiah 54:4 said that we will not be put to shame,(B) He gave us His covenant and oath. (This is a blood covenant and cannot be broken) as Isaiah 54:9 tells us For as I have sworn. We should live in such a perfect love that we couldn't even imagine, His failing or forgetting us. Christ had died for us and God in His great love is striving to get us to forget that there ever was ever sin between His heart and ours. I'm not saying it God is in His work and God is not a liar. (C)He promises us His protecting care (Isaiah 54:17). There will be enemies, there will be temptations. God wants our spirit, soul, and body to be preserved blameless unto His coming 1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Preserved means to guard from loss or injury by keeping your eye on God. This corresponds with the declaration of Jesus in Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpent's and scorpion's, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. This simply means God will protect us from all the sicknesses and crippling diseases of the devil. It doesn't include the category of suffering that Jesus suffered for righteousness sake. (D)He promises us His own righteousness. Jesus is made unto us righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30) But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption-- We receive the gift of righteousness Roman 5:17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. Who shall lay anything to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justified Romans 8:33-34 (33) Who shall bring a charge against God's Elect? It is God who justifies. (34) Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, Who also makes intercessions for us. (WOW) I have accepted God's gift of righteousness. Who then can charge me with unrighteousness? (F) Considerations that will help rid us of fear, The fear of torments. (1)Now the devil's fears are ALWAYS falsehoods/lies. And if lies they cannot harm. If fear come from Satan, then we can conclude there isn't nothing to fear. (2)Fear is dangerous, It turns into fact the thing we fear. it creates evil just as Faith creates good.(3)The remedy for fear is faith & love. 1 John 4:17-18 (17) Love has been perfected among us in this; that we may have boldness in the day of judgement; because as He is, so are we in this world. (18) There is no fear in love. but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. Love is made perfect because we dwell in Him Who is Love 1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. Praise God!!!!

No comments: